Saturday, September 17, 2016

C-51 Online Consultations Begin - In-person still to come

The consultations that the government promised in last October's elections have finally begun. They are starting with online consultations, with in-person consultations promised at some point before December.






Relevant information:

It is my intention to read all of those documents and summarize them on this blog, as well as to participate in the consultations to the greatest degree I can. But life is a little busy at the moment, so I don't think I'll get a chance to read and summarize all of those documents and provide suggestions/opinions related to this consultation process, until probably close to the end of the month. So I thought I'd put this short post out for now, to make sure any readers are aware of the consultations and have plenty of time to prepare their own thoughts if they wish to participate. I'm very much in favour of democratic participation, so whether you agree with the positions I've taken on this bill or not, if you're reading this, I encourage you to express whatever opinions you may have.